It’s the New Year – a time when we make a new start, make plans for change and look to the future.
For many people, these changes take the form of New Year Resolutions … sometimes heralding significant change and sometimes broken by the second week of January!
What many people overlook, however, is the potential to make changes where it really matters – in your emotional health and well-being.
How about these for starters:
- Think about what you like doing – and then do more of that – it’s not selfish to spend time on yourself.
- Become your own best friend.
- Realise you don’t actually have to spend time with toxic people who make you feel bad about yourself – you can let those people go without a backwards glance.
- Create a positive attitude … being happy is a positive choice.
- Stop making excuses not to do things – there’s never a perfect time for anything!
- Spend some time working out what you really want from 2017 – and then stop procrastinating – go for it.
- Have more fun! It balances out the sometimes unavoidable boring bits!
- Approach things head-on – burying your head in the sand when it comes to the practicalities of life (work, money, debt etc) isn’t helpful in the long run.
- Tailor your resolutions to YOU – most NY Resolutions are a re-hash of what you think you SHOULD be doing, not what you actually WANT to do!
For a range of MP3s – including a FREE Relaxation audio, please use the following link to Bluebell Therapy’s new shop: