Can you really stop smoking using Hypnosis?
The short answer is YES … and, in fact, you are 10 times more likely to give up if you use hypnosis to help you! And stopping smoking is a fantastic idea – smoking increases your risk of developing a wide range of serious health problems and illnesses and is considered to be the greatest single cause of premature death in the UK.
Smoking facts and figures:
- There are around 10 million adults who smoke cigarettes in the UK.
- About 100,000 people in Britain die every year from smoking-related illnesses.
- Roughly half of all smokers die prematurely due to smoking-related diseases.
- The life expectancy of a smoker is about 10 years less than that of a non-smoker.
- In the UK, only about half of long-term smokers live past the age of 70.
- Around 17,000 children under the age of five are admitted to hospital every year because of passive smoking-related illnesses. Babies in smoking households are also more vulnerable to dying from cot death.
- Smoking related illnesses include: lung cancer, heart disease, other cancers including mouth, throat, blood, cervix and pancreatic cancer, infertility problems and gum disease.
Giving up really is a no brainer!
When will you start to feel the benefits of giving up?
The answer is … almost immediately! Even after only 20 minutes, your heart rate and blood pressure drops back to normal.
How does hypnosis help?
Hypnotherapy is a really good way of re-programming habit-type behaviour because it speaks to your sub-conscious – and ‘unpicks’ the associations that smoking has for you. These associations and connections are different for different people – personalised sessions get to the root of what smoking means to you … and replaces that with new healthier connections.
It is important that you really want to stop for yourself, however. It is difficult to stay motivated if you are doing it simply to placate someone else.
The ultimate aim is to empower people to take control and develop new waysof thinking that promote a healthier lifestyle. The idea behind STOPTOBER is that if you give up for 28 days, you’re 5 times as likely to give up for good! With hypnotherapy, you’re increasingly those odds significantly!
Give it a go. There’s nothing to lose and everything to gain!
Best of luck!